a correction

Mildly correcting jimc's posting.  Yes we want and need your tax-deductible
donations.  But contributions to voluntary balances, or indeed any money
sent to us 'for something' is NOT tax-deductible.  Hence we clearly mark
on our order forms to distinguish 'donations' (which ARE deductible) from
'balance contributions' which are not (and are refundable, by the way,
to the extent they exceed what we send you - that is why we call it a 'balance'.
)

If you do make a donation, by the way, we send you a proper end-of-year
tax receipt suitable for if the IRS questions it.  If you do not get a receipt
from us and think you've made a donation instead of a contribution at some
point, you should let us know - I have complete records from when we
incorporated (and before, but that time doesn't count) as to what money was
sent us by whom, and how we allocated it.

Hopefully, lots of you, especially those with negative balances, will be
comntributing some soon.  Our finances are deteriorating again, though, I've
taken earlier precautions to keep us from the desperate levels we were at
last year.  But, excluding the money Jeff P. and I have put in for legal
expenses, and my own support for the organization, we have gotten only
$1500 in this year, and $1000 of that was donations.  Since the last JL
issue cost that much alone, things haven;t been so good in the checkbook balance.

lojbab