Re: categorization and generalization...

Folks,
    My fingers missed a character and it may affect the way you
interpret what I said in my previous posting.  The paragraph without
the needed character was
>     By the logic of the marijuanna-heroin link, tobacco and
> chewing gum should be banned as well because 97 of all heroin
> addicits chewed gum before trying heroin!.  This logic also
> fails miserably to explain why millions of marijuanna users
> only yields thousands of heroin addicts.

and with the very important "%" is:
>     By the logic of the marijuanna-heroin link, tobacco and
> chewing gum should be banned as well because 97% of all heroin
> addicits chewed gum before trying heroin!.  This logic also
> fails miserably to explain why millions of marijuanna users
> only yields thousands of heroin addicts.

    sorry!,
    Art

Arthur Protin <protin@pica.army.mil>
These are my personal views and do not reflect those of my boss
or this installation.