Identity?

At the risk of re-opening a debate of which people may have become tired,
I'd like to get some reactions to the two proposals I made last week.

Resolved:  That lojban should require a distinction between

	1. The `is' of formal identity ("Two plus two is four").
	2. The `is' of material identity ("That is the truck that hit me.")
	3. The `is' of reference ("That is John.")

Resolved: That the `is' of material identity should be banished as
          conducive to semantic unsanity.