Re: A fairy tale

Thus Ivan, on cnino, citno and slabu:

> Similarly, a {cnino pendo} is a person of any age who has recently
> become a friend, while {citno pendo} is a young person who is a friend
> (and may have been one for a long time), and so on.
>
> But with {remna} the two constructions mean the same.  {cnino remna}
> is someone who has recently become a human being, most likely by being
> born as one, and as such is synonymous to {citno remna}.

I don't think this is right, because "cnino remna" has an omitted
argument "cnino be zo'e remna" - and there is no reason for supposing
that the "zo'e" is one of the people for whom the "mu'e cnino" (event
of achieving newness (sc. of acquaintance) coincided with the "nu co'a
remna" (event of starting to be a human).

> Do Lojban needles have eyes (as in English), ears (as in Slavic), or
> mouths or whatever else they may have in other languages?
>
> >  Likewise, it causes no problem to say that a clock has hands and a face.
>
> I wouldn't be so sure about that.  If I didn't know English, I might
> have serious trouble locating the hands of a clock.
>
> >  Bob has proposed "river-anus" for what in English is called a river mouth.
>
> Why not `river penis' or `river vulva'?  (The output is liquid.)

As I said before, all these more or less picturesque metaphors can be
the life and soul of living Lojban, but don't necessarily belong in the
dictionary.

                        kolin