fyky po'u la glim.

>  Date:     Mon, 29 Jun 1992 13:05:20 BST
>  From: I.Alexander.bra0122@UK.CO.ICL.OASIS
>
>  I'm very tempted by "so leroboi panomei co zdaspe",
>  "nine out of every ten housewives" <...>
>  Yes, I know it's not _true_, but that's the kind of thing
>  people say.

It is indeed the kind of thing people say in rarbau, where the literal
(logically/mathematically precise) meaning of what you say doesn't matter.
If I hear you say it in Lojban, however, it'll be perfectly justified
for me to infer that of _every_ ten housewives there are _at_least_
nine who prefer Gleem, which means that there may (but doesn't have
to) be _at_most_one_ who doesn't prefer Gleem.

>  The next time I'll try "le zdaspe cu zmanei la glim. le drata",
>  just to see if anyone understands my place structure for "zmanei".

Is there a general law stating what the place structure of a lujvo is?

>  Ivan's "ta'urlumpu'o" means "city-wash-powder" to me (perhaps the
>  stuff they use when sand-blasting buildings?).

So it does.  Ought to be {taurlumpu'o}.  I get my rafsi wrong all the time.

>  I *think* "tezu'e" is the goal, WHAT you're trying to achieve,
>  and "mu'i" is the motive, WHY you're trying to achieve it.

Exactly.  Thanks for explaining it for me.

Ivan