RE: Wallops #8

    DATE     TIME           FROM                   SUBJECT             CODES
Mark:
> Remember the default quantifier on {da}: {su'opada zo'u}.  Unless otherwise
> specified, variables are presumed to be existentially quantified.  So it
> works.

Ivan:
> Yes, but existential quantification in the scope of negation is the
> same as negation in the scope of universal quantification.

This is exactly the problem I had with the negation paper,
as mentioned in my recent posted Lojban text.

My conclusion was that any (implicit or explicit) quantifier(s)
need to be exported to the prenex _before_ attempting to analyse
any internal negation markers.  This seemed to be what the negation
paper was saying (modulo the typo), and seemed (to an English speaker
like myself) the most natural way of organising things.

In which case, the existential quantification is _outside_ the scope
of the negation, so it works.