lemi malfri

I post this story at considerable risk of corrupting the morals of the Lojban
community. Already a group supporting many idlers, slackers, ne'er-do-wells,
Sabbath-breakers and Secular Humanoids, this story recounts one sordid
episode in my decadent life before I was Saved(R), went Clear(R), surrendered
to GodHead(tm), and Got It All Together(R). It is tendered *strictly* for the
edification of the Lojban community, to support language engineering and
development, and to offer what moral guidence may be derived by turpitudinous
example.

As to the Technical Note, I wrote this at LogFest yesterday, after Bob, Nora,
Cowan and I sat around doing surgery on the rafsi list. At the end is a list
of tanru and current-form lujvo. I would like to convert them to new lujvo
when the New, Improved rafsi list is "stabilized".

My thanks to Lojbab, Nora, Sylvia, and Dave Young for correcting the many
mistakes as they happened, as well as for the moral fortitude they provided
in my hour of travail. In spite of their linguistic advice, I changed "a
little bit" of it after I got home from *jbosalci*, mainly to keep "story
time" straight and to use lujvo instead of bare tanru. I am still in the
habit of using "pu" in malglico form.

***

le pamoi nu mi citka le mrajymledi snexu'i no'u la lysydys

pukucaki .i ca le pasobino nanca ku mi pamoi pilno la lysydys .i mi citka
renono mikrygrake be le xukmi .ibabo mi xanka denpa le xuksne

ni'o lemi patfu to'ercliva le lanzu zdani .i ko'a goi la pat. bevri lo cnino
ke vidnyveibra

ni'o ko'a klama lemi kumfa noi mi denpa .ilu doi deiv tu'a ko rinka lenu se
sazri le vidnyveibra le li'u

ni'o cfari lemi lysydys xuksne .i mi mutce djica lenu cmila .i mi gasfri le
ka vo'a frica .i mi cuxtinbe le nu mi ba cikre le vidnyveibra kei ko'a

ni'o .uecai mi drani gasnu la'edi'u .i ko'a babo ckire mi .ibabo mi vreta
lemi ckana mu'i zgana le xuksne selviska

ni'oni'oki mi fanmo cusku
        lu .ei ko malxukmi claxu li'u

***

loi tanru .e loi cabmo'a lujvo (tanru and current-pattern lujvo)

(lujvo are parenthesized; cognate proposed terms are bracketed)

xukmi senva (xuksne) =
chemical-dream =
hallucinogenic intoxication; "trip"

senva xukmi (senxu'i) =
dream-chemical =
hallucinogenic intoxicant

mraji mledi ke senva xukmi (mrajymledi snexu'i) =
rye-mold dream-chemical =
lysergic acid intoxicant (LSD and >20 similar drugs)

[mledi gruti (ledgruti) =
mold-fruit =
mushroom]

[mledi gruti ke senva xukmi (ledgruti snexu'i) =
mushroom intoxicant =
psilocybin; also psilocin, baeocystin, norbaeocystin]

[sudga foldi (sudyfoi)=
dry field =
desert]

[sudga foldi jesni spati (sudyfoi je'ispa) =
desert needle plant =
cactus]

[sudga foldi jesni spati ke senva xukmi
        (sudyfoi je'ispa ke snexu'i =
cactus (type of) intoxicant =
mescaline; also macromerine]

vidni vreji cabra (vidnyveibra)=
video record apparatus =
VCR

ganse lifri (gasfri) =
sense-experience =
feel

cuxna tinbe (cuxtinbe)=
choose-obey =
go along with; agree (to action)

***

and now for the interlinear translation:

le pamoi nu mi citka le mrajymledi snexu'i no'u la lysydys
the first event of: I eat ryemold intoxicant, or, LSD

pukucaki
set "story time" -- Bob sez so

.i ca le pasobinomoi nanca ku mi pamoi pilno la lysydys
current-with the 1980th year, I first use LSD

.i mi citka renono mikrygrake be le xukmi
I eat 200 micrograms (of) the chemical (LSD)

.ibabo mi xanka denpa le xuksne
then I nervous-wait for the trip (chemical-dream)

ni'o lemi patfu to'ercliva le lanzu zdani
NP/ my father came home (anti-leave the family nest)

.i ko'a goi la pat. bevri lo cnino ke vidnyveibra
he -- Dad -- (was) carry(ing) a new VCR

ni'o ko'a klama lemi kumfa noi mi pu denpa
NP/ He came to my room, where I was waiting (for the trip)

.ilu doi deiv tu'a ko rinka lenu se sazri le vidnyveibra li'u
"Oh, Dave, make the event of: is-operated the VCR"

ni'o selcfari lemi lysydys xuksne
NP/(it) started (,) my LSD trip

.i mi mutce djica lenu cmila
I greatly wanted the event of laughing

.i mi gasfri le ka vo'a frica
I felt the quality of my (x1's) difference (I felt different)

.i mi cuxtinbe le nu mi ba cikre le vidnyveibra kei ko'a
I agreed to doing the event of: I would then fix the VCR for him.

ni'o .uecai mi drani gasnu la'edi'u
NP/ (extreme suprise!) I correctly did it (fix the VCR)

.i ko'a babo ckire mi
He was grateful to me.

.ibabo mi vreta lemi ckana mu'i zgana le xuksne selviska
Then I lay down on my bed to (motive) observe the "trip visions"

ni'oni'oki mi fanmo cusku
Break/ reset story time -- Bob sez so -- I conclude by saying,

        lu .ei ko malxukmi claxu li'u
        " < Just Say No To Drugs > "

co'omi'e la deived tueris (David Twery)