Re: TECH: se, te, & lujvo

> Not a lot of reason to turn se jerna into seljerna.  But then, why did
> we turn grand father into grandfather back when the two were synonymous,
> as I presume they once were.  If people come to think of a concept as a
> single word, or as worthy of a single word, they will do so.

A better example is _spark plug_ vs. _sparkplug_/_spark-plug_. These
are not synonymous: the first is a tanru (plug associated in some way
with spark), and does not have an entry in the dictionary; the second
is a lujvo, a single word, warranting its own entry in a dictionary,
which refers specifically to a component of an internal combustion engine.

----
And.