Re: TECH: se, te, & lujvo

And says:

> In _seljerna_, which can be broken down into se+l+jerna, the l indicates
> diddling. Why use it, except to diddle?

Several reasons:

1) It makes _seljerna_ one word rather than two. This is defined to be
significant for cmavo such as ba'e, za'e, and zo. It also has, for me,
a pragmatic significance which I can't at present define.

2) Since 'jerna' has no CVV or CCV affix, the only available forms are
'se jerna' and 'seljerna', but in the case of 'vasru' for example,
'selvasru' is by definition identical to 'selvau', but 'se vasru' cannot
be changed in this way.

> Perhaps, then, _(y)ljerna_ yields a diddled lujvoid with the same x1
> as jerna.

Amusing idea, but highly ad hoc.

        Colin