Re: A small Christmas/New Year/Kwanzaa gift to the list

la nitcion. cusku di'e

> >la pyf. poi makfa cu'urcrida
>
> I've always used {cridrdrakone}, in any case, wouldn't {respycrida} be more
> appropriate?

As you like.  In my imagination, {ka curnu} is one of the essential properties
of a dragon.

> >.i lo nobli turni cu polje
> >vo'a mu'i tu'a le litru
>
> A king folds himself for the travellers? I don't understand.

Perhaps "si'arturni" would be more like it.  "Noble kings and princes/Bowed
whene'er they came".

> >.i lo cu'urcrida roroi jmive
> >.iku'i lo nanla na go'i
>
> Ambiguity, which may or may not be worth resolving. In this context, the
> boy doesn't stop living, he stops being a boy.

This mimics the ambiguity of the original.

> >.i banoroi la pyf. kelci klama
> >fo le grutrcerise klaji
>
> {la pyf. banoroi kelci klama}

Ayther will do, as the Irishman said when asked whether it was better to
say "eether" or "eyether".  "banoroi [ku]" is what's meant; the semantics
are identical.

> >.iku'i zgana le kanla noi badri
> >.i la sofis. ba'o terpa
>
> Say whether Sophie or Puff did the seeing (I know it's obvious, but say it
> anyway).

Lojban is an ellipsis language: why say what's obvious?

--
John Cowan      cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.