ADMIN: JL subscription requests - especially overseas people

Nick:
>In writing?  I have no form; whatever; you can always mail me.  My

If your balance is taken care of, we can make do with JL subscription
requests in email form, as long as you clearly word them to
a) request a subscription to JL
b) provide a date and full name
c) and email and snail mail addresses so that the US Postal Service can
  verify them.

I would recommend this to all overseas people, since JL18 is already in
preparation and the snail mail time here is so short.  I have recieved
almost no subscription forms from overseas JL subscribers (probably
because most are just now getting JL17, and almost no one sent forms
back after JL16).  If you don't have sufficient balance and are planning
either to send money or request LLG subscription assistance, you may
wish to send the email notice anyway, along with your written commitment
to send money or your request for assistance.  I can probably take such
a commitment in lieu of actually recieving the money from overseas
people for this one issue (but I definitely need to have the money
before JL19, or I cannot send it to you).

Our finances remain in bad shape, and it costs us twice as much to send
JL overseas as inside the US (and after we get 2nd class mailing in the
US, it will cost us more to send some 50 total overseas JLs and LKs than
to send 650 US LKs and 100 US JLs).  Thus we cannot allow too much more
slack on the forms and where applicable, the money.  The US Postal
Service counts unrequested subscriptions from overseas against us when
determining if we qualify for the greatly reduced 2nd class postage
rates.

lojbab