Re: Comments from pc on various issues

la .and. cusku di'e

> How does one convert from use to mention?

The obvious answer is "by quotation".  If you mean something else, I do not
understand you.

> For example, how can one
> take _mlatu_, whose sense is the category of cats, and instead get
> _'mlatu'_, whose sense is the category of the gismu _mlatu_.

        me zo mlatu
        the-predicate-associated-with the-word "mlatu"

> In addition, how can we convert to a phononological, phonetic,
> graphological or graphetic sense? (I.e. x1 is a [mlatu], x1 is a
> /mlatu/, and so on.)

Probably by making tanru:  me zo mlatu <phone>, me zo mlatu <phoneme>, etc.
We don't yet have brivla for "phone" and "phoneme".

--
John Cowan      cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!lock60!snark!cowan
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.