Re: TECH: grammar updates

John Cowan stood up, stood up some more, and spoke thus:

>Well, I have now decided to withdraw my support for the "*mo'u" construction.
>The formal change is being kept in until a few off-list people (Nora and
>possibly pc) have a chance to review it, but I personally have accepted
>Colin's arguments, and added one of my own.

Um... this turn of events sounds suspiciously like we're jettisoning the
usual uses of {mau} altogether, in favour of the more 'logical' form, with
{zmadu} as selbri. In fact, this leaves us with little need for {mau} at all.
I hope you all are aware of this... (debate welcomed, but i'll have little
time to participate in it... though I *have* successfully implemented
tanru-unit-2 -> SE ... BRIVLA, and I allow cmene and brivla to be passed
onto Prolog from yacc directly, without needing to be predefined within
Prolog.)

(In other news, in my Discource Analysis course, the only part of my course
I'm currently enjoying, we've just done conversational implicature. I thought
of how lojban handles it, and smiled :)

>The Nick/Lojbab experimental cmavo "xo'e", which eradicates a place
>(so that "da klama xo'e xo'e de di" means the same as "da litru de di"),
>has been assigned the cmavo "ne'e" and placed in selma'o KOhA.

I don't remember well the discussions in October in which xo'e was invented
by Lojbab, but I do know that Lojbab regarded it with much suspicion, and
while I've used it in my lujvo paper to explain the selpinxe <> se pinxe
debate, I did not agree with Lojbab in considering its paedagogical use
reason enough to assign it a real cmavo. But so be it.

You won't see me complaining about the declefter being included in the grammar
:) , but I must congratulate John on picking a particularly elegant resolution
to the issue.

In fact, congrats to John for consistently dealing with grammatical issues
so elegantly. One question though: your use of ZEI has:

tanru_unit_2 -> anyword (ZEI anyword) ...

I would have though something like

tanru_unit_2 -> anyword [(ZEI anyword) ...] ZEI tanru_unit_2

to be more sensible: I find it hard to think of a place structure for
{xy zei zy}.

Momenton senpretende paseman mi retenis kaj # [Victor Sadler, _Memkritiko_ 90]
   kultis kvazaux                           &  (NICK NICHOLAS. Melbourne.
      senhorlogxan elizeon                  #   Australia. IRC: nicxjo.
         (Dume:                             &   nsn@munagin.ee.mu.oz.au .)