Translation & commentary of Silvia's peace

This message is really from Colin Fine.  It was rejected by the Listserv
because it contained "From " and "Sender:" lines in the body that referred
to the Listserv's mailing address, making it look like a looping message.

So don't quote "From:", "Sender:", or "Reply-To:" header lines in the body
of a reply!

> Date:     Wed, 28 Sep 1994 21:05:18 -0400
> From: Sylvia Rutiser <sru@ACCESS.DIGEX.NET>
> Subject:  xu do jimpe di'u

> Written on 13 sept, not checked really carefully, Does it make sense?

In places - there are a couple of obvious errors, easily corrected; however,
though the sense of the sentences is clear, I'm beffled as to what it's all
about - what is the 'bukpu'? An error for 'munje'?

My attempt at translation + notes follows

> mi vitke le samyxanri bukpu

I visit a computer-imaginary cloth.
["I visit a virtual-reality world"????]

> .i mi janta le birka cabra noi zvati zoi kuot usc kuot

I am an account for the arm apparatus which is at USC
[error for 'jitro'? "I control a waldo which is at USC."? Incidentally, 'zoi'
works because in the quoted language (English) things and names are
confused, but "la'o" would be better]

..i le birka cabra

> cu muvdu le kacma poi benji le pixra le prenu poi zvati le bukpu
The arm apparatus moves a camera which transfers pictures to the people
who are at the cloth
["The waldo moves a camera which sends pictures to the people in the
virtual reality world." I prefer "ve benji" - I think the 'benji' is
+volitional]

 .i le
> birkycabra cu jibni le tanxe le canre je dacti noi cizra
The waldo is near a box (in quality) something-which-is-sand-and-physical
and incidentally strange????
[I suspect "The waldo is near a box of strange ? objects". I don't know
what 'canre' is supposed to be, and you need 'le tanxe be le']

> .i le pixra cu rufsu
The picture is rough
["The picture is grainy". 'pixra' has an 'artist' place. 'se kacma' would
be better]

> .i vomei blabyxekri
Foursomely white-black
["Fourfold whitish-black"? Don't know what the fourfold means, unless you
mean there are just four shades. Not sure what the status of dvandva
lujvo is ("blabi jo'u xekri" as opposed to "blabi xekri")]

 .i so'imei prenu pu pinka
Ungrammatical, but assuming "cu" (or "ku") before "pu":
Manysome people were comments!?!?!
[I suspect you meant "so'i prenu pu pinxe" - "many people were drinking"]

  .i su'o le pinxa cu
> sisku le ckafi
Assuming "pinxa" is changed to "pinxe":
Some of the drinkers search for coffee
["Some of the drinkers are looking for coffee" - do you mean 'sisku' rather
than 'djica' (want)?]

Well done, I hope I did it justice.

> ko zanlifri   .i mi'e silvian

go'i ra'o mi'e kolin