Re: A couple of questions

Iain:
> if you really want to say that some-but-not-necessarily-all elves
> have pointy ears, then you have to allow that such things as elves
> exist, if only for the purposes of the discussion.

This bit I don't go along with. It should be possible to talk
about >0% of all elves without allowing there are any elves,
just as talking about 100% of elves doesn't entail there are any.
[This happens to be what I'd prefer for the default interpretation
of "lo": i.e. I agree with you & Jorge about what "lo" means now,
but I agree with Lojbab about what it ought to mean.]

---
And