Re: A couple of questions

la .and. pupu cusku di'e

> > > We might therefore take "lo mlatu je nanmu cu blanu" to mean
> > > "more than 0% of catmen are blue", again not implying existence.

la xorxes. pu cusku di'e

> > But {lo} has an "at least one" quantifier, not "at least some %".
> > Otherwise, su'o doesn't work as the negation of ro.

la .and. cusku di'e

> You're right: such has been the stipulation. But what is the rationale?

Actually not.  The quantifier for "lo" is "su'o" iff the thing described
by "lo" exists; if not, a "su'ono" quantifier is acceptable.

> What is the interpretation for uncountable stuff? "At least one water"?

In Lojban, "water" is countable: the definition of "djacu" is
"x1 is a quantity of water".  To speak of "water", non-countable, one needs
"lei" (+specific) or "loi" (-specific).  All the Lojban equivalents of
English mass nouns work this way:  "butter", "iron", "silicon", etc.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.