Re: lo [nonexistent]

I follow the Lojban list mostly with bewilderment (but trying to catch up!),
but my untrained mind could not agree more with ucleaar:

>>I think we should lay this red herring to bed & recognize that
>>what does or doesn't exist out there in thw world is >>irrelevant to
language.

When we say elves have pointy ears, we're saying that *by definition* they
have pointy ears.  We can define anything we like without regard to whether
it exists.  The truth of the statement lies not if we can point to an elf
without pointy ears, but whether we can point to a definition of elf that
does not include pointy ears. I'll sink back into bewilderment now.

Bob Michael