Re: (1) loi; (2) le v. la

>Perhaps I am biased by English, since, so far as I am aware, everything
>in English is +veridical. Consequently I may lack the appropriate
>intuitions about -veridical.

English is certainly NOT veridical.  Among other things, we use metonymy
heavily, and metonymy is inconsistent with veridicality.  "The White House
announced a new policy last night."  Houses do not announce.  And is the
policy really "new"?   Then there is the classic JCB example of ""le"
"That man is really a woman".  "That man" cannot be veridical if the statement
is true.

lojbab