Re: replies re. ka & mamta be ma

Jorge:
> > Can we say {lo ka keha mamta keha} to mean "the mother relation",
> > "the function from mothers to offspring"? If we can, I start to
> > see a strong case for it.
> I guess you can, but where would you use it?

Talking about syntax is one area. "The direct-object relation
and the indirect-object relation are subtypes of the object
relation", "All grammatical relations relate two arguments",
"Grammatical relations are derived from phrase-structure
configurations", "This grammatical relation occurs in all
languages", "The subject relation is cognitively modelled
on the parent relation", etc.

> (And why would it be the function from mothers to offpring and
> not from offspring to mothers?)

I don't know what the difference is.

---
And