Re: TEXT: le gunse ku joi le lorxu

Dylan Thurston wrote:
>>       litru le ru'u toknu
>
>No, that means "travel in the encircling oven", or something; in any
>case, not what I wanted.  With a tense,
>
>        litru ru'u le toknu
>or
>        litru mo'iru'u le toknu
>
>or, if you want to fill the x2 place of litru, perhaps
>
>        litru le stizu ru'u le toknu

Too bad you can't se-convert the tenses, or you could say:

        *litru le jai seru'u toknu

The closest equivalent I can think of to "*seru'u" would be "ne'i"

        litru le jai ne'i toknu

I think this is logically correct; the x2 place of litru is looking for
a path, so "le jai ne'i toknu" must be the path which has an oven inside
it.  But it's pretty far from my natlang intuitions, and it might be
misusing ne'i, too; I'm not sure.
                     ____
 Chris Bogart        \  /  ftp://ftp.csn.net/cbogart/html/homepage.html
 Quetzal Consulting   \/   cbogart@quetzal.com