Date: Mon, 15 May 95 13:37:51 EDT
From: jorge@phyast.pitt.edu
To: lojbab@access.digex.net
Subject: Re: {prenu} vs. {remna}

> I would pronounce your last anme (barring your explanation of Argentinian
> phonology) as liam,bi,as.

Yes, that's correct, but in order to pronounce it like that in Spanish
you need to know that there is an accent mark over the i, otherwise in
Spanish it would be liam,bias with two syllables, because dipfthongs
work like in Lojban.  (Instead of breaking them with a comma, we break
them with the accent mark.)

On the other hand, those English speakers who don't know anything about
Spanish tend to pronounce it lam,bias.

Jorge