Re: {mluni} (was Re: TEXT: le gunse ku joi le lorxu)

jorge@phyast.pitt.edu writes:
 > How would you say that with the current structure?

Umm...  {le mluni be fo lenu lesu'u terdi cu stodi} (or {le
tedystomluni}), perhaps.  I could expand {lesu'u terdi} if pressed.

 > > The restriction to ballistic flight is an interesting idea--then one
 > > could say {le bolci le stedu cu mluni}, but not {le lorxu cu mluni le
 > > toknu}.  I don't know where I stand on that.
 >
 > What is ballistic flight? Is it movement in a centripetal force field?
 > I thought it was movement in a constant field, as gravity appears to be
 > near the surface of the Earth. At least that's the field bullets
 > experience. I doubt that we need a basic gismu for movement in a
 > centripetal field.

The distinction I had in mind was that between self-powered motion (the
fox walks around the oven) and that from an external force (as the force
on a sattelite or ball).  "Ballistic" is doubtless not the right word.
(And the distinction seems fuzzy.  I can imagine running into
difficulties.)

mu'o mi'e. dilyn.