properties of masses

The short word for the relation between the properties of components of
a mass and tose of the mass is "sum," in its broadest (or most
ambiguous) sense.  Sometimes, as in weights, it is an arithmetic sum;
other times, as with the classic "inhabit," it is logical sum ("or," so
if one component has it the mass does); often it is some metaphorical,
like the teamwork cases.  In almost all of these but the arithmetic one,
we can shorthand by using the mass wherever we might use the name or
cluster of names of members and get the right result.

There is, consequently, no way to get from the proeprties of the mass to
those of the components -- at least not specific components.

pc>|83