Re: translation exercises:1

>But I remember when I was a child it was very difficult to learn what does it
>mean "turn something to the left" - it was age when I already knew where my
>left hand is. And till now I prefer "anti-clockwise"... So I belive it's not
>only international convention, but also international difficulty... :-)

I had the same problem.  How about this -- I know it seems geeky, but it
would seem to solve the problem of describing rotation in general, and is
less arbitrary and more logical than "left" or "counterclockwise":

carberti = x1 is the rotational North end (right hand rule) of object/axis x2
carbergau = x1 rotates x3 so that its rotational North end is x2

So, "Turn the screw to the left" could be:

        ko carbergau le skuro pagbu ku le klupe

or just

        ko carbergau le klupe skuro

"Turn the screw to the right" could be:

        ko carbergau le klupe jipno
or
        ko carnanygau le klupe skuro

Maybe the head of the screw could be considered the obvious "pole" of
reference, so we could just say "ko carbergau fi le klupe" or "ko carnanygau
fi le klupe".

                     ____
 Chris Bogart        \  /  ftp://ftp.csn.net/cbogart/html/homepage.html
 Quetzal Consulting   \/   cbogart@quetzal.com