Re: lo lerfu me'e zo y'y a zo y'y.bu

Jorge:
> la and la mark,l di'e spuda
> > > I admire the rafsi principle, which is elegantly & beautifully
> > > expressed in Lojban.
> > Even allowing for intersubjective variability, I find such sentiments
> > incredible.
> I agree that if there is something inelegant and ugly about Lojban
> it is the lujvo morphology, but I thought you were an admirer of the
> baroque.

I am, but not in the design of grammars. There are bits of baroquery
in Lojban that I like, e.g. delimiters for {zoi} and {lao}, but the
charm of these is that they represent the best solution to the
problem they solve, and are baroque through being uncompromising.
In contrast, Lojban morphology is rather like the Soviet economy:
the outcome of numerous rational but bad decisions.
---
And