Re: "ko" considered bad

mi'a casnu di'e

> John MacJohnbob:
> > la paulos. cusku di'e
> > > What does "le ko pinsi cu xunre" mean?
> > "So act so that the pencil associated with you is red."
> > If the pencil associated with you (call it Charles) is not red, then
> > you have two choices:  you can replace Charles with a pencil that is
> > red, or you can transform Charles so that it is red.
>
> I can't see that replacing Charles is a valid response. Only
> transforming Charles is. If replacing Charles is a valid response,
> then I'd say {lo ko pinsi cu xunre}.

On second thought, I agree with you.

On third thought, the difference between replacing Charles and transforming
him is a little fuzzy:  the "ship of Theseus" poroblem, or, how much of
an object can be trnasformed before it is no longer the same object.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.