Re: Grammar.235

la lojbab. cusku di'e

> John Cowan appears not to have answered yet on this, so let me pipe in.
>
> The standard for Lojban grammars is to tolerate NO shift/reduce errors.
>
> As far as I know, our testing of grammar.235 produced no s/r errors
> (and it appears from files John left around today that he tried again
> and got the same result).

And apparently my report never left this machine, for reasons unknown.

I tested grammar.235 against several different yaccs:  SunOS yacc (basically
AT&T), SCO Unix yacc (AT&T), Berkeley yacc (AT&T-free), GNU Bison 1.24,
and Abraxas PCYACC (a commercial MS-DOS clone).  All created conflict-free
parsers with no problems.

> This implies that someone's version of YACC is buggy.

Right.  I'm not sure what the ancestry of the yacc used by {la paulos.} is,
but it may have trouble handling such a large and complicated input, with
its 1077 lookahead sets.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.