Re: rel clause paper

la .and. cusku di'e

> Yes, this is what I was after. Now, is (1) possible with a cmevla
> instead of "nanmu", as in:
>
> 3)  la frederik poi terpa le kea xirma ku
>     Frederick-afraid-of-his-horse
>
> like "Ethelred the Unready", "John Lackland", or "John Smith"
> for that matter - or "John Johnson", "John Cowan"?

No.  For one thing, "ku" isn't used in "la frederik.", which has no
elidable terminator.  You are stuck with "la .efelred. to'erbred."
or "la djan. tumclax.", and of course there's no guarantee that the
hearer will correctly interpret such names.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.