Re: perfective counting & katna

> > > i pau gau la djudit cu katna lo stedu ji lo cnebo?
> > gau la djudit tahi le katna cu sepstedu xy
> i seja'ebo gau dy katna le xy cnebo iepei?

ie

i nio zo xolofernes valsi jia fi glibau fe ro lua le se cmima be le
selkaa poe la djon uein dea pinji

> > >  mi co'a citka le plise  --> I start eating the apple
> > > should be the same as:
> > >  mi co'a ku citka le plise
> > > and therefore
> > >  mi citka le plise co'a ku
> > > and therefore
> > >  mi citka le plise co'a da ku
> > But {coa citka} is a kind of tanru. {coa} alters the meaning of
> > the selbri, like {toe} but unlike, say, {na} or {pu}. I agree with
> > you both as far as {na} and {pu} are concerned, but see little
> > basis for deciding what the meaning of ZAHO as sumtcita shd be.
> A better comparison might be with BAI. {broda bai <sumti>} is
> essentially {bai broda} but with an extra place, in this case for
> the compeller.

Is {bai broda} possible? I didn't know it was. And if it is, I don't
know what it means.

> In the same way, {broda co'a <sumti>} is essentially {co'a broda}
> with an extra place, for the starting point.

I sort of see. Kind of like {fau} then, except that whereas {fau}
is the sumti for the entire event, {coa} is the sumti for just
the initial bit of the event. Right? But in that case {coa li mu}
would still not make sense.

---
And