Re: sci-fi & lojban

la stivn. cusku di'e

> I enjoyed reading Mark Vines last post. It brought an image to my mind of
> millions of people, each with their own lojban variant gismu, lujvo, and
> rafsi, all communicating with each other through translating biocomputers.

This notion has come up many times before in the Project.  Typically,
the cmavo are left alone, and the gismu sets are designed to resemble
the speaker's native language.  Typical names are "Anglan" or "Logenglish"
("Spanlan", "Logmandarin", etc.).

> Then a computer virus trashes everybody's de-Babel-ator...

Ouch!  A new wrinkle indeed.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.