Re: rel clause paper

mi joi la .and. cusku be di'e casnu

> >        la me la djan. tumclaxu
> > which means "The one named 'The one named "John" type-of
> > land-lacker". Suit?
>
> Not satisfactory. I think of "Alfred the Great", "Dai Jones the
> Bread", etc. A relative clause/phrase is part of the name. If
> I use the name, I'm not claiming that Alfred was great, or that
> Dai Jones is associated with the bread. Perhpas {la tumclaxu pou
> la djan}, {la banli pou la alfred}? {la pou la alfred (geu) banli}?

I accept your formulation, but I don't understand why you reject mine.
I am constructing a name-tanru with two parts, >me la .alfred.< 'is
Alfred' and >banli< 'is great', in parallel.  It could equally well be
"la banli me la .alfred. [ku]"

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.