Re: all the chinese whispers

coi do

> > Using Jorge, and someone else who said he was capable of translating out of
> > Spanish, you could have a Spanish phase.  If you can recruit Cyril and Ivan
> > you could add a Russian phase (I don't think I would be competent enough
> > for Russian on any non-strightforward text, which is what I suspect the
> > result would be).
>
> Sorry, but I have missed the point. What is "Chinese wispers" at all?
> Is it a sort of game when some phrase is consequently translated throw
> a chain of languages and than accamulated bugs explored and laughted?
> (It is called "isporchennyi telefon' ('broken phone') in russian).
>
> If so, I can translate (with rather bad quality) from/to english to/from
> russian, and from (alas not to) esperanto, german and maybe lojban.

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head.  We try to translate English/lojban
back and forth along the chain to see what appears at the far end.  As a twist,
we are trying to set up a chain something like:

    | English
   (1)

    | lojban
  Jorge

    | Spanish
   Don

    | lojban
   (2)

    | English
   (3)

    | lojban
  Cyril

    | Russian
   (4)

    | lojban
   (5)

    | English

I think if we should keep English between the Spanish and Russian just to see
how things are going.

We really need someone to do the Russian/lojban (4) (it is not necessary to be
native speaker, only proficient at reading comprehension).  English/lojban
can slot themselves in.

co'o mi'e dn.