Re: sei

la lojbab cusku di'e

> Jorge:
> >In any case, what do you think of {le voksa cu cusku sei krefu sei krefu
> >lu li'o li'u} for "the voice said over and over again and again ..."
> >Would that be an appropriate use for an "indicator"?
>
> That is not how I would interpret the text.  More like
> The voice SAID said said (kind of like and echoing)

Echoing the word "said" rather than what the voice said? I really
don't understand how you can get that from {krefu}, can you explain
more fully?

> or perhaps
> The voice said (I say again) (And AGAIN).

This is similar to what John said, but I still don't understand
how {krefu}, which means "event x1 is a repetition of event x2"
can be closer to "I say again" than to "happens repeatedly".
Where is the "I" coming from, and why is {krefu} suddenly being
used as "repeat" in the sense of "say again"? Isn't that very
malglico?

> A little hard to decide which given no context.

The context is a voice repeating the same phrase over and over again.

> Metalinguistic means
> (to me) that the utterance or portion thereof which is marked is an
> explicit or implied place in the sei-tagged selbri.

That's what I meant: "le nu cusku cu krefu je krefu". But your
interpretation ("I say again") doesn't agree at all with your
explanation. Which place of {krefu} is being filled with what
to get that?

Jorge