Re: TECH: PROPOSED GRAMMAR CHANGE X2: non-logical bridi-tail

John Cowan, in response to a change proposed by Jorge:
>This change also looks YACC-safe.  However (and this applies to X1 as well),
>changes to the preparser are never very certain until they've been coded
>up and tested, because the grammar depends on magic selma'o that don't
>really exist, and it's only a guess whether the preparser can insert them
>correctly.

Has there been much thought put into finding/writing a better parser than
YACC so we don't need these messy tricks?  I realize it would be a pain in
the butt to switch over at this late date, though.
                     ____
 Chris Bogart        \  /  http://www.quetzal.com
 Boulder, CO          \/   cbogart@quetzal.com