Re: CONLANG: Lojban - why the gismu-making algorithm

> A few years ago we added instrumentation to the PC LogFlash version to
> allow for some testing of the algorithm.

It seems to me that a vital part of the test ought to be to construct
an alternative Lojban vocabulary, with the same phonology but with
roots chosen purely randomly, and then invent a pseudo-etymology, or
just mnemonics, to help English speakers memorise this alternative
vocabulary. Then test whether the actual Lojban vocabulary, derived by
such a cunning algorithm, is any easier to learn than the random vocab
plus cleverly devised mnemonics. Is this what you are intending to do?

Edmundo