sera'aku le'ala'ezo PLI mezoigy. not yet gy.

cu'u la xorxes.
> We agreed that {pu'o broda} can be true without the broda actually
> taking place, so {le bolci ba'o pu'o farlu} = The ball is in the aftermath
> of being about to fall, because I caught it, not because it is already
> falling.

I disagree.  To me, "le bolci ba'o pu'o farlu" means
"the ball is already falling", that is the event is taking place.  To prevent
the event from occurring, one could try "le bolci de'a pu'o farlu" which I
would translate as "the ball is interrupted at the point of starting to fall".
.i .iepei

cu'u la lojbab.
> The norm for pu'o is still that the event occurs.

.i .iecai  Not having the event happening seems counter-intuitive to me.

cu'u la bab.
> As far as I can see, {ba'o} translates many uses of `already'.

Yes, there is a tendency to get caught up trying to be too exact when
translating into lojban.  Simpler constructs work fine.

> A query: should the order be {za'o pu'o} or {pu'o za'o}?

I think it should be "za'o pu'o", the aspects modify from right to left.
"pu'o za'o" would be the start of the overdue part of the event, another
translation of "still".

A different query.  What would "za'oku le bolci pu'o farlu" be?  Does the
free aspect modify after or before the attached aspect?

co'omi'e dn.