<stizu>

The gismu are inconsistent. I believe the only thing that will help is to
make a semantic map of all the gismu and explore the map correcting
inconsistencies as you go. This could be done with HTML links or some other
hypertext engine. I would be interested in helping do this, if
lojbab/Nora/John et al think this would be useful. If not, thats fine. But
the gismu could be much better than they are.

My immediate complaint is with furniture, specifically <stizu>. Consider:

*table, x1 is a |/flat solid upper surface of material x2, supported by
legs/base/pedestal x3 /:/ /=/ jubme (jub jbu)

*bed, x1 is a |/pallet of material x2 for holding/supporting x3
(person/object/event) /:/ /=/ ckana (cka)

*chair, x1 is a |/stool/seat/bench, a piece or portion of a piece of
furniture intended for sitting /:/ /=/ stizu (tiz)

I believe <stizu> should be a three part gismu:

*chair, x1 is a |/stool/seat/bench, a piece or portion of a piece of
furniture intended for sitting of material X2 for sitter x3
(person/object/event) /:/ /=/ stizu (tiz)

<jubme> X3 place should be for holding/supporting X3 (person/object/event)
instead of referring to legs

cohomihe la stivn

Steven M. Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria

email: sbelknap@uic.edu
Voice: 309/671-3403
Fax:   309/671-8413