Re: FAQ

Logical Language Group writes:
>Yes there are harder cases than spaghetti to Lojbanize, either because of
>consonant endings, or non-Lojbanic sounds, or whatever.  In the case of
>schooner, a quick trip to the dictionary tells me to make it a lujvo -
>a 2-pole-sail-boat, since thats eems to be the definition of "schooner" as a
>boat (if it is more specific, I might add up to two more terms before going
>to a fu'ivla other than for nonce use, since outside the USA, probably
>noo one will know what a "schooner" is anyway - it is flagged as an Americanism
>in my dictionary - maybe a merko-2-pole-sail-boat 1/2 %^)

Well, then, maybe schooner isn't the best choice, either.  I mentioned it
because it's given as an example in the refgrammar text on selbri.

My point is that "spaghetti" is too easy to lojbanize for the example.
It leaves the reader with the notion that, e.g., "rutypitc",
"samymakintoc", and "birjylagr" are good lujvo.