Re: GEN: Nested preposed relative clauses

cu'ula goran. zoigy.
> Well, I am only a beginning Chinese student, but I think it should be
> something like
>
> C:  ((((cheng2) qu4 de) ren2) kan4 de) xiao3hai2
>
> Anyway, it definitely uses preposed clauses, whether I am correct or not
> in my attempt.
gy.

I would suggest:

C: (kan4 ((qu4 cheng2shi4) de ren2)) de hai2zi

I'm not sure that if the verb goes after the object that the clause will be
understood.  Does this mean Chinese does not have preposed clauses?

PS. if you just say cheng2 by itself you will not be understood, most Chinese
words have to go in 2-and-3 syllable combinations to be recognised, e.g.
chi1fan4 (eat-rice) simply means to eat.

co'omi'e dn.