CLD (was ro broda/ro lo broda)

Djer:
> So "what I am asking for" is very simple:  I want the design and
> destiny of lojban in the hands of the people who are true to its
> mission of being a logical language.  I want one machine parsable
> language that is growing and changing with the advances in logic and
> language studies.  I want those who love it, understand it, and use it
> to have a part in its official form and destiny.
> All these things require that there be an elected academy or peer group
> which is representative of the users that will make real decisions and
> have real power concerning the language design.  That is something that
> _is_ in your control, or at least in the control of the LLG board.
> "What I'm asking for" is some action on your part to establish a
> Committee for Language Design, or CLD. Just as stiv.n did before me.

I'd like that too, with the mission being to foster and develop
Evolving Lojban rather than Baselined Lojban (which will very soon
be set in stone in the published books).

> I don't know what And will do, I hope he doesn't found another
> language.

No. [I have been working on one, from long before I discovered Lojban,
but do not wish to found an evangelical movement around it.]
I do want to be involved in a lojban that evolves in accordance with
its genius, improving to get ever closer to ideal satisfaction of its
design goals. But there's no point in doing what jimc did & single
handedly doing a new version, because although lojban is a splendid
creation, what makes it especially splendid (far more than TLI
Loglan) is the net community. Lojban List is by far and away the best
of the dozen lists I'm subscribed to, all things considered.
So I hope to remain a dissenter *within* the ranks of the faithful.

That reminds me:
Lojbab wrote to Stivn
> There are people who have better things to do with their time than read
> Lojban List, especially when it is dominated by the hypertechnical stuff
> we have here.

- I'd love to know what those even better things are. They must be dead
good fun. Have they discovered some method for sustaining sexual
intercourse for 12 hours a day? Or for endlessly eating tiramisu without
getting fat?

coo, mie And