flood of messages coming

Just to warn everyone, but I will be posting several messages in the next
day or two which have been accumulating as I catch up from the overload
I suffered back in November.  Some of the messages may have become
superfluous with time, and I am trying to weed some of them out, but
I will post most of them because I was originally holding many of them for
 Jorgeand there is content wirth consideration by the avid.

For voume considerations, I have sometimes condensed responses to several
messages into a single post - this is especially tru for And and Steven's
postings, and my responses to them are in some cases fairly long.

I will prefix all of these backlogged messages with an * in the subkject line
so that people can skip them if they only wish to deal with current threads.
I suggest that respondents think twice before opening up several dozen new
threads to continue these discussions.  Private responses may be better
advised if the debate seems likely to be solely between me and the original
poster.

lojbab