Re: PLI: *cukta za'o nanmu (PU: *old response to and #1)

> Goran to Lojbab
> > > But if you ask me what a "*cukta za'o nanmu" (or "*cukta ca'o nanmu" to
> > > make it easier in theory since za'o is often inapplicable), I have no
> > > idea what it means.
> > cukta za'o zei nanmu = bookish Methuselah. Or, a escaped criminal running
> >                        from the sentence of castration for liking to
> >                        read (not too plausible, but imaginable). Also, a
> >                        librarian female in male body that cannot gather
> >                        enough money for the sex change operation.
>
> Bravo. But you're saying there is a lujvo {zao zei nanmu}. So we look
> it up in the jvoste. We find it means the reluctant castrato-to-be. But
> we want to talk about the transgender dysphoric [I saw an interesting
> tv docu the other day on this; the solution, as with most problems, is
> to go to Holland] we can't use {cukta zao nanmu} because it's
> ungrammatical. Tragic. That's one that can't be solved by going to
> Holland.

???

I am afraid you have lost me completely. .i do ranxi .ijo ki'u ma .ijonai
do cusku ma

If I went to the trouble of putting za'o zei nanmu into jvoste, it would
be general and trivial: x1 is a man for too long. (za'o zei nanmu: n1)

co'o mi'e. goran.