Re: TECH: fuzzy logic

>I too wish to declare that, like everyone else, I am not making
>grammar change proposals either. I think an immediate baseline should
>be declared, so your tension levels drop a bit. Instead, I am
>engaged in discussions about how the grammar should change if it
>ever were to change.

Does this mean I do not have to read and respond to your postings?  because
I am not interested in anything beyond the baseline until after the baseline.
%^)

>Lojbab to djer:
>> BUT na'e is not solely used for scales on brivla, so we have to be
>> careful about adding to the set of scalar variables.
>
>Could you explain more?

Look at references to NAhE in the machine grammar.  Allow your construct in
any of them.  Do they make sense in all.  Likewise NA (which among other
things MAY mean that your fuzzy XVV construct can end up in a logical
connective in place of, say "na.a").  NAhe is in rules # 136,152,374 (Mex)
482,483,945, and 972.  NA is in rules 20,54,81,131,445,911,926,950,,991,
Playingt with these guys is NOT fun.

>> Otherwise we will get something or another that will use And's
>> proposal and have to be interepreted isiomatically just as you fear
>> as the case for NAhE xi quantifier.
>
>& explain this too...?

Well, see the above reference to na.a, and imagine replacing na by
your construct.  Come up with a conventional interpetation.  Promise me
that no other conventional interpreetation will EVER conflict with it.
Repeat for all occurances of NA and NAhE to cover all of your proposal.

This is similar to the question of putting lambda in KOhA.  Does it have
meaning in ALL places where KOhA can appear.  If not, you need conventions,
and those conventions need to be immutable as possible (e.g. the convention
on ke'a, which is anothe KOhA that has no meaning in many contexts) or we will
have arguments that do not get settled after the baseline when it is our
opinion that LLG should not settle arguments by fiat unless we can refer to
something in the defined prescription.

lojbab