Re: GEN: *please* read: PROPOSAL: intervals

Goran
> What I am saying is: this gap was found a long time ago. It is not a
> particularly hard one to fix. But, it was ignored. Only xorxes and
> I paid any attention, AFAIK. Nothing was settled, not even discussed.
> Now you say it is too late. Why is it too late?
[...]
> I see this as pretty straightforward thing, and if I sense that things
> are heading for an endless discussion, I will withdraw the proposal
> and continue to live in sin, using my slang {te'i}, because I really
> feel imaginary journeys system to be incomplete without a way to
> specify distances/intervals more precisely than short/medium/long.

I am opposed on principle to LLG making this change now, if it maintains
its current policy. As time goes on we will continue to find new problems
and require grammar changes to solve them. I expect the community at
large will favour the grammar changes if they are additions to the
language and do not affect existing text.
If no further changes are made officially for the time being, then
pressure may build up so that LLG may start to realize that a veto
on change is not really a good or viable idea.
In the meantime, Goran should use his slang {he,i}, or use Veijo's
new NOI syntax nonstandardly, and others can follow his example.

> I don't care which one you guys choose, I just want to make one
> official, so I don't have to type slang.

But someone who comes along after the deadline for the baseline is going
to have to use slang. I don't think you shd get special treatment just
because you happened to discover the lg before the baseline was
officially set in concrete.

coo, mie and