Re: "except" found?

> Since {po'onai} is to mean "not-only", I think that the corresponding
> one for "except" should be {ji'anai}. Thus we'd have:
> po'o: this one and no other (only)
> po'onai: this one and also others (not-only)
> ji'a: others and also this one (also)
> ji'anai: others but not this one (except)
>        la'e di'u nalvajni lei ji'anai se gugdrxeire
>        That's irrelevant except to the Irish.
> i pe'ipei?

It's very clever, but don't you share my discomfort at using discursives
in this way? {jianai} is virtually a negator - your example can be
rendered {lae diu nalvajni ro na se ckaji be la airic}, {lae diu nalvajni
ro na se gugdrxeire} (or with something less universal than ro, if you
wish) - but it's not set up to participate in the logical structure of
the bridi. Are you really comforrtable about remembering to use
{jia nai kau} in subordinate bridi? Why do you have to press UI into use
for things that really ought to be handled by the logical bit of the
bangu? -- feo.