searchable lojban list archive

>Having finally got the performance of the search machine tuned to a level
>where it causes only negligible loading on the server, I have connected the
>search form to the Lojban WWW Home Page. The performance is quite
>impressive: a search for Jorge returns links to 1501 postings, the
>search takes about 1-2s and the formatting 6-7s, for a total of 8s at
>this end.

You done good.

I just looked up "fuzzy" and <fiu'i> and your search engine found 'em
lickety-split. It might be nice if there was a third check box with the
label

"find both <h> and <'>"

which would look up instances where <h> was substituted for <'> or
vice-versa. That won't help the searcher find &'s omitted <'>s though.

This is a great addition to the page. Thanks.

-Steven

Steven M. Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria

email: sbelknap@uic.edu
Voice: 309/671-3403
Fax:   309/671-8413