Re: place switching cmavo...

> On 1996-11-12 "Trevor C. Hill" <trevor@AMON-RA.RES.CMU.EDU> writes:
> > ...  It seems to me that because the places are, for the most part,
> > ordered by frequency of use, these words should simply take a certain
> > place (x2 for se) and put it at the front, leaving the other places in
> > their original order...
>   (because you usually want to fill x1 and so need "fa" as well as "se".)

I agree with this observation, although I don't favor changing it,
since I think giving up on the baseline would be far more
damaging to the language.

I do think swapping is better than shifting in the case of "te" --
consider the usefulness of "te dunda".  But "xe klama" will often
require "fu", and for some reason the fa-fu series has always
struck me as awkward.

Chris