example of naming problems

Lojbab's comment a day or two ago reminded me to notice what I was
doing.

This morning I wrote to someone seriously interested in Lojban and
found my self required to make a qualification, to prevent the word
`reference' from taking on its usual connotation:

    The Lojban reference manual is very nearly frozen as a standard and
    even though it is called a `reference' manual, it is very readable.

If the words `reference grammar' appear on the cover of the book, they
should be part of a sub title or explanation, perhaps in a phrase such
as:  `this work also serves as a reference grammar'.

Ah, for the joys of a small in-group... :)

--
    Robert J. Chassell               bob@gnu.ai.mit.edu
    25 Rattlesnake Mountain Road     bob@rattlesnake.com