Re: Author's Alteration #10

>Technically, the book is baselined and the gismu list
>place structures are not, so the strictly conformant
>thing to do is to change the gismu list to make it
>sentences rather than propositions.  However, the
>Ad Hoc Committee mentioned above agrees that this
>would be the Wrong Thing, so we are changing the book
>as specified by the following plaintext diff

So the Lojban Academy has made its first deliberation. Apparently the need
for an informal body to deliberate as to the best interests of the language
has become obvious. How about if this informal body is formalized? How
about if this formalized body documents its work in lojban, with
appropriate translation to English as indicated? I would urge the members
of the informal lojban academy to report substantive changes to the grammer
in both lojban and English.

I hate to say I told you so, lojbab, but I told you so. I predict many
additional errors which are more than just typos will turn up in the
"baselined" grammer. I predict that as we gain experience with the
language, that the wisdom of certain extensions and improvements will
become evident, and that the need for a formal lojban academy will be very
clear.

I mean no offense here. A language is a complex thing. The need for
adjustment refinement is hardly surprising.

-Steven

Steven Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria