Re: daily terms

Steven Belknap wrote:
> If one were to specifically wish you good morning, (that is,
> to explicitly refer to morning), would it be correct to say:
>
> a'o leti cerni cu xamgu do
> (gloss: Let there be hope that this-here morning is good for you.)

{leti cerni} sounds more like `the morning of this thing here'.
For `this morning' I'd say {leca cerni}.

If you do use that, be prepared to be given a blank look unless the
other side is well aware of the fact that you're translating literally
a European [time of the day]-specific greeting.

> PS Some may notice that I have stopped using <h> instead of <'>.

Good!

--
"reH Sov yInej 'ej Dap yImuS,          <dOstI bA mardom-e dAnA nEkO-st,
 jagh val qaq law' jup QIp qaq puS"     do^sman-e dAnA beh az nAdAn dOst>